Sunday, June 6, 2010

Feast of the Sacred Heart

Masses for the Sacred Heart, on Friday of this week.

7.00p.m. English Martyrs, Alexandra Rd. South, Manchester

and half an hour later at 7.30p.m.there will a Missa cantata at St. Marie's in Bury, to mark the end of the year for priests.

Please do all you can to hear either of these Masses. I am hoping to get to Bury, if only to give thanks to God for the end of my intense GCSE German marking period, which will be over by then. I look forward to seeing Fr. Wadsworth whose jolly nature is always a tonic in itself. I understand that celebrations to mark Father's 12th. anniversary of ordination are also soon to be under way.

I think we are very lucky to have busy parish priests who are willing to give so generously of their time to provide the Sacred Rites of the Church in both forms and I look forward to more parishes offering the same.

A reminder also that on Saturday at 10.00a.m. there is Mass again at English Martyrs.

In this year of the Priest, which has again seen many (but not enough) ordinations to the Priesthood of young men ready, willing and able to to celebrate in the Traditional Rite I should like to express my gratitude to all the good priests of this diocese who support the wishes of the the Holy Father in implementing the Motu Proprio Summorum Pontificum.
Only yesterday Britain's senior Prelate, Cardinal O'Brien preached at one of the FSSP's newly ordained priest's "first" Mass, in the Cathedral at Edinburgh.
Interesting that the FSSP has a house in Edinburgh.

I must remember to get my sons to come to Mass on Friday. Both served at Mass today but were lagging by the end of the sequence. (In stifling heat, weren't we all?) Instead of wool cassocks we wore the alb style serving robes with cincture. It looked very European, redolent of some Belgian monastic retreat.
No good lamenting lack of priestly vocations without opening my heart and my family to the recognition of a vocation.


God bless Pope Benedict XVI!
Sacred Heart of Jesus, bruised for our negligences and offences, have mercy on us!